Grouse hunting in Maine
For the serious upland bird hunter, Bowlin Camps Lodge offers a grouse hunter's paradise. We are nestled among miles of old logging roads with new growth forest, giving you endless access to prime grouse hunting country. The area also provides an abundance of woodcock, as well as the occasional duck.
Our staff can get you pointed in the right direction, or hire a guide to put you onto some great hunting.
Grouse hunting has been a time honored tradition at Bowlin since 1895. We make your bird hunting our top priority.
Bowlin Camps Lodge is a member of the Ruffed Grouse Society and proudly supports their conservation and management goals.
Bowlin Camps: a great choice for bird-hunting
- Superb natural bird habitat at camp and for hundreds of square miles around us
- Excellent access to birds via old logging roads and tote roads
- Knowledgeable guide service available
- Clay pigeon practice area at our new 5 Stand pavillion
- Hunting and pet dogs are welcome
- Stay in a private cabin with its own bathroom and hot shower
- Delicious home-style meals at the lodge
- Fishing, canoeing, and hikes available for non-hunting companions
- Adjacent to the Katahdin Woods & Water National Monument lands
- On-site Registered Maine Guides
- Dog kennel available
5 Stand Sporting Clays
A great way to brush up on your skills or challenge your fellow bird hunters to a friendly competition. Our 5 Stand Sporting Clays pavillion is right on camp for you to add to your hunt package.
Woodcock, Turkey, Duck Hunting
Woodcock migrate to Northern Maine and many make the Bowlin area their summer home.
Due to the combined efforts of wildlife management and sportsmen, Maine's turkey population is making a strong comeback.
Several species of ducks including puddle ducks can be found in the area.
We are surrounded by many ponds that support a variety of ducks including the Common Merganser.
If you are looking to hunt coastal waterfowl in Maine, our friends and fellow grouse hunters at Maine Sea Duck Guide Service can assist you in planing a great coastal hunt.
Bowlin Camps guides can help you choose the best places to hunt for birds.
Current Bird Hunt Rates:
- $200.00 per hunter, per day, Double Occupancy, No Guide
- $220.00 per hunter, per day, Single Occupancy, No Guide
- $325.00 per hunter, per day, Double Occupancy, Guide with your dogs
- $470.00 per hunter, per day, Single Occupancy, Guide with your dogs
- $400.00 per hunter, per day, Double Occupancy, Guide and guide's dogs
- $625.00 per hunter, per day, Single Occupancy, Guide and guide's dogs
- $170.00 per non-hunting guest, per day
- $300.00 per hunter deposit
- Bird hunting dogs will not be charged the $15.00 daily dog fee.
- Prices do not include licenses, tags, tax or gratuities and are subject to change.
- Discount to our Military Men and Women, call for details. Thank you for your service.
- The "Fine Print"
Click on the following links for more details.
- State of Maine info: all about ruffed grouse
- Bird Hunting Licenses and Permits
- Turkey Hunting
- Ruffed Grouse Facts
- Woodcock Facts